Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Scrappy Strip Technique Challenge - Whale Done

Welcome to the Scrappy Strip Challenge. In this challenge you use your scraps of cardstock and/or designer series paper to create a card.  Bruno Bertucci designed the original scrappy strip technique making a card modeled after a rug in their home. It's fun to learn where people get their inspiration for their cards.

I've been making lots of cards this week using the Whale Done stamp set and the coordinating Whale of A Time designer series paper. Kylie announced a challenge so I made a card using all the scraps from the designer series paper and I also embossed strips of Pacific Point and Balmy Blue cardstock with the new Seabed 3-D embossing folder.  




I hope you vote for my card ahttp://www.inlinkz.com/new/view.php?id=824187

To Make the Card
  • Cut strips of paper from your scraps at an angel.
  • Arrange the strips on your cardstock to see how the pattern you want to produce.
  • Glue all the strips onto a 3.75" x 5.0" piece of Pacific Point cardstock.
  • Cut off any scraps that hang over the cardstock.
  • Attach the cardstock with strips onto a 4.0" x 5.25" piece of Balmy Blue cardstock. 
  • Attach that to a card base of  Pacific Point cardstock cut to 5.5" v 8.5" and scored at 4.25".
  • Fussy cut images from the designer series paper. I cut out a turtle and whale.
  • Select a sentiment and stamp onto scrap of  cardstock. I used the Thanks A Ton from the Whale Done stamp set and  stamped the sentiment onto Balmy Blue cardstock scrap using Pacific Point ink.
  • Cut out the sentiment with a punch or die. I used the Tailored Tag punch.
  • Use dimensionals to attach the images and the sentiment.

If you're interested in replicating my card, please purchase the Whale Done stamp set, Whale of A Time designer series paper, the Seabed embossing folder, and cardstock (Pacific Point and Balmy Blue) from my store by selecting Shop Now on the menu bar at the top of my blog.  

Please leave a comment below

Happy Stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You have made my day! Susan