Saturday, June 20, 2020

Saturday Scraps with Susan (June 20, 2020)

Today's card was inspired by Amanda Burdit. She posted a card this week using different colors and sizes of cardstock and weaving the pieces together. I've been using the Whale Done stamp set and Whale of A Time designer series cardstock to make cards this week. So I looked at all the scraps of paper I had accumulated from those various cards and created this card. I'll be giving it to my husband to celebrate Father's Day! 



It is very easy to make:
  • Gather the strips of cardstock and/or designer paper you want to use.
  • Arrange them on a piece of cardstock (Whisper White or other color) cut to 3.75" x 5.0". I used Whisper White.
  • Glue the bottoms of the vertical pieces to the cardstock base. Leave the rest of the vertical strips free so you can weave the horizontal pieces of paper to get the design.  On my card I glued the 3  strips of Pacific Point and 2 strips of Balmy Blue cardstock to the Whisper White base.
  • Take your first horizontal pieces of paper and weave it and out of the vertical pieces of cardstock you just glued to the base.
  • Glue the horizonal piece to the vertical pieces.
  • Repeat with as many horizontal pieces as you decide to use. I used larger scraps of paper so I only had 4 horizontal pieces but you can use narrow strips and have many. It depends upon the effect you are looking for.
  • After you have added all the horizontal pieces, glue the top ends of the vertical pieces to the base of the cardstock.
  • Attach the base to a complementary color of cardstock cut to 4.0" x 5.25". I used Balmy Blue cardstock.
  • Attach that to the card base that is cut to 5.5" x 8.5" scored at 4.25". I used Pacific Point cardstock.
  • Stamp a sentiment using a complementary ink color onto a piece of cardstock. I stamped "It's Your Day!" sentiment from the A Good Man stamp set on Whisper White cardstock using Pacific Point ink.
  • Use a punch or die to cut out the sentiment. I used the smallest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelit Dies
  • Attach the cut out sentiment using dimensionals.
  • Add an insert cut to 4.0" x5.25" inside the card and decorate if you wish. I used Whisper White cardstock and stamped "Being A Good Dad Starts with Being A Good Man" from the A Good Man stamp set in Pacific Point ink.
  • Add something to the envelope before mailing or giving to that special someone.
I hope you use your scraps to make a card. It's really quite fun seeing how the pieces come together.

Wishing all the men in your life a very Happy Father's Day!

If you want to order any of the products to make this card, please use my online store by clicking on the Shop Now button at the top of my blog. I really do appreciate your business. 😀

Happy Stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You have made my day! Susan