Saturday, June 13, 2020

Saturday Scraps with Susan (June 13, 2020)

What do you do with all those card making scraps? Throw them away?😢 Accumulate in a box or drawer?😕 

Here's one possible solution to the problem. Visit my blog each Saturday where I'll post a different card design using the scraps I have accumulated throughout the week. These will be simple cards that only use paper scraps, cardstock, a stamp set, ink for stamping, and either a ribbon or embellishment to complete the card. (#SimpleStamping).

Here's this week's Saturday Scraps Card



To make this card:
  • Arrange the half inch strips of  your scraps in a diagonal pattern on some Whisper White cardstock cut to 3.75" x 5.0". Leave a space between each paper scrap. I used my Flowers For Every Season designer series paper scraps.
  • Attach the strips with glue and used scissors to cut off the strips that went beyond the cardstock. 
  • Choose a sentiment from a stamp set and decide what color of ink to use. I used  "Thank You" from the Peaceful Moments stamp set and stamped in Just Jade ink.
  • Use adhesive to attach the Whisper White cardstock to a complementary piece of cardstock. I used Just Jade cardstock cut to 4.0" x 5.25".
  • Select a coordinating ribbon, make a bow. and attach using mini glue dots. I used Bumble Bee ribbon.
  • Attach the complementary piece of cardstock to the card base cut to 4.25" x 11.0" scored at 5.50". I used Bumble Bee cardstock.

Please purchase any Stampin' Up! products you want from my online store using the Shop Now button at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You have made my day! Susan