Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Technique Tuesday Blog Hop (March 2021)

 


This month's Techniques Tuesday Blog Hop is all about ribbon. To showcase different ways of using ribbon on your cards, I decided to use one of my design templates to make 6 cards from one piece of the 6 x 6 Dandy Garden Designer Series paper. Which paper in this collection is your favorite? I'm in love with the colorful paper with small dragonflies. 



I added ribbon on the first card by wrapping the Misty Moonlight ribbon around the left-hand side of the card and I tied it into a knot. I embossed the Bumblebee cardstock with the Subtle Embossing Folder, attached the ribbon with adhesive to the back of the Bumbleebee cardstock, and then attached the Bumblebee cardstock to the Misty Moonlight cardbase.
 


To make the second card I used the Fancy Label punch and weaved the Bumblebee ribbon in and out of the slits on either side of the label. I attached the ribbon to the back side of the label using adhesive. I embossed the Misty Moonlight cardstock with the Subtle Embossing Folder, attached the ribbon with adhesive to the back of the Misty Moonlight cardstock, and then I attached the Misty Moonlight cardstock to the Bumblebee cardbase.



For this card I made a loop of Misty Moonlight ribbon and attached it to the Calypso Coral cardstock banner leaving a small amount to show at the botton. I embossed the Bumblebee cardstock with the Subtle Embossing Folder and then I attached the Bumblebee cardstock to the Misty Moonlight cardbase.



Sometimes I like to make cards with mini packages. This is a simple technique of wrapping one strip of Bunblebee ribbon in a horizontal orientation and another strip of ribbon in the vertical orientation. Then I tied a bow in Bumblebee ribbon and attached it using glue dots where the two strips of ribbon cross. I embossed the Misty Moonlight cardstock with the Subtle Embossing Folder and then I attached the Misty Moonlight cardstock to the Bumblebee cardbase.



For this card, I put strips of tear and tape on the left-hand and right-hand sides of the Calypso Coral cardstock. Then I made small loops on the edge of each side making sure the bottom of each loop of the ribbon was attached to the tear and tape adhesive. This makes a very nice trim on each side of the designer series paper. I embossed the Bumblebee cardstock with the Subtle Embossing Folder and then I attached the Bumblebee cardstock to the Misty Moonlight cardbase.



For the last card, I made a loop and wrapped the Bumblebee ribbon behind the two panels of designer series paper and attached it with adhesive. I put the panels with the ribbon onto Blackberry Bliss cardstock. I embossed the Misty Moonlight cardstock with the Subtle Embossing Folder and then I attached the Misty Moonlight cardstock to the Bumblebee cardbase.



I hope you saw some different ways to use ribbon and that you'll try one of the teachniques the next time you make cards.

You are on Susan Schultz's Sea Ranch Creations blog. You may be starting here or have come from someone else's blog. See the list below and visit all the different demonstrators' blogs and learn many valuable ideas for using ribbons on your cards. I'd appreciate it if you leave a comment below.

Happy Stamping!
Susan

Blog Hop List

If you purchase $50 or more from my on-line store, I'll send you the following gifts:

  •  Handmade Thank You card
  •  Template I used for making these 6 cards from one 6 x 6 piece of designer series paper
  •  Creativity Abounds Dandy Garden Tutorial Bundle using the Dandy Garden Bundle
If you are a demonstrator or not interested in buying products at this time, you can purchase the Dandy Garden Tutorial for $15 just email me at ses@aquarius.family

Here is a sneak peek:

9 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You have made my day! Susan