Sunday, February 21, 2021

Sunday Scraps - Dandy Garden paper

Hello Stamping Friends,

I've had a wonderful time using the Dandy Garden designer series paper to design numerous cards and to make card kits for my card class Tuesday night. When I went to my crafting room this morning and I saw a large number of scraps of the Dandy Garden designer series paper. Never wanting to let anything go to waste, I decided to create a card using numerous scraps of paper.  Here is the card....


Here is the process I went through to design this card

  • Select the focal paper
    • I selected the paper with multiple colored dragonflies with dandelions as the key focus for the card. I really like this paper and it has so many colors I knew it would be easy to use my other scraps.
  • Identify the color combination: 
    • I identified the different colors in the focal paper 
  • Select cardstock color for cardbase: 
    • I realized that there was just a hint of Misty Moonlight so I decided to use that colored cardstock for my cardbase and the ribbon to place in the center of the card.
  • Identify complementary papers:
    • I looked at the scraps I had collected and realized that I had different patterned papers in the dominate colors in the focal paper - Bumblebee, Calypso Coral, Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow.
  • Decide on paper sizes:
    • I cut all the different patterned scraps into 1.75" x 1.75" squares. Then I cut each square into 2 triangles by cutting the paper on a diagonal with my paper trimmer.
  • Arrange paper onto cardbase:
    • I played around with the arrangement of the triangles untill I was happy with the final image.
  • Attach background layer:
    • I glued the different trainagles onto a 3.75" x 5.0" piece of Basic White cardstock. I left blank space in the center of the cardstock to attach a piece of Misty Moonlight ribbon.
  • Attach focal layer:
    • I attached my focal paper to a 2.0" x 4.25" piece of Basic White cardstock and attached it to the card using dimensionals.
  • Select a sentiment:
    • I had limited space so I decided to use the "To a True Friend" sentiment from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set. I stamped it on a piece of Basic White cardstock with Calypso Coral ink and die cut it with the Stitched Dies small circle die.
  • Attach the sentiment:
    • I attached the sentiment with dimensionals.
  • Add any embellishments:
    • I added two small dragonflies punched out of the designer series paper using the Dragonflies punch.
You can modify my process and use whatever scraps you have to make a beautiful card to send to someone special. If you make any card with scraps, please post it in the comment section below. I'd love to see your creations!

Thank you for checking out my blog today. Please leave a comment below or email me at ses@aquarius.family with any questions.

Happy Stamping!
Susan

#stampinup #dandygardenpaper #dragonfliespunch #searanchcreations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You have made my day! Susan