Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Creativity Abounds Blog Hop - January 2021

Welcome to our first Creativity Abounds Blog Hop! 

We are a group of talented Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrators from around the world that are coming together to share our creative ideas with you. We are happy that you can join us and hope that we can inspire you to make creations of your own.



Wow, I'm so excited to be participating in the Creativity Abounds Design Team with this amazing group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators. Here's a picture of all the members of the team and where they live. I know you're going to love to their cards and projects.



This month's theme is a Love Theme just in time for you to create a card or special gift for someone special in your life (spouse, significant other, family member, and  best friend) for Valentine's Day on February 14th. 

To design the gift box which includes 4 gift cards with envelopes, I selected the Always In My Heart stamp set and the beautiful  True Love designer series paper on pgs 11 and 12 of the new Stampin' Up! January-June Mini Catalog.  

I love how easy it is to make this box and to design the four beautiful gift cards. 




To make the box bottom:
  • Select a color of cardstock for your box. For my project, I selected Melon Mambo cardstock.
  • Cut the  cardstock at 8.5" x 8.5" or 21.6 cm x 21.6 cm.
  • Score the cardstock on all four sides at 2.5" or 6.4 cm
  • Cut the scored area up to the first score line on all four corners.
  • Attach the corner flaps using your favorite adhesive to form the bottom of the box.
  • Cut four pieces of designer series paper (each 2.25" x 3.25"or 5.7 cm x 8.3 cm) to decorate the four sides of the box using your favorite adhesive. I used True Love designer series paper.




To make the top of the box
  • Select a color of cardstock for the top of your box. I used the Melon Mambo cardstock.
  • Cut the  cardstock at 4.5" x 4.5" or 11.4 cm x 11.4 cm.
  • Score the cardstock on all four sides at 1.0" or 2.5 cm
  • Cut the scored area up to the first score line on all four corners.
  • Attach the corner flaps using your favorite adhesive to make the top of the box.
  • Add a 4.0" x 4.0" or 10.0 cm x 10.0 cm pieces of designer series paper to the top of the lid. I used True Love designer series paper.
  • Add die cuts or stamp images and embellish the front of your gift cards. I fussy cut out the image of a double flower and colored it in with Melon Mambo blends and Old Olive blends.
  • Add a sentiment and embellishments. I added the sentiment using the Always In My Heart stamp sets. I used the the Label Me Fancy punch, and I colored pearls with Melon Mambo blends to be used as embellishments. I also added Wink of Stella Glitter to each flower.



To make the 4 gift cards

If you would like to make this box and gift cards and you live in the USA, I would appreciate it if you purchase products from my on-line store. You can select  any of the highlighted blue items to purchase or go to SHOP NOW at the top of my blog. If you purchase $50 or more, you will receive a handmade Thank You card and the Creativity Abounds Love Themed Tutorial Bundle as a free gift. If you are a demonstrator or not interested in buying products, you can purchase the Love Themed Tutorial for $15 just email me. Here is a sneak peek:

You may be starting here or have come from someone else's blog - see the list below to help you move around all the different blogs and get many amazing ideas. We all have our country listed - so if you are looking for a demonstrator in your country, these demonstrators would love to look after you with your Stampin' Up!® shopping or if you would like to join our Stampin' Up!® teams.


Blog Hop List

8 comments:

  1. Love your box! I'm so excited that you're participating in our hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift box and cards Susan. Loving the colour too (my fav). Excited to be hopping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to receive this box and be able to send out the cards. Great idea and beautifully made

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Boxes. Whaat a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty box and cards. Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. Love the box and the cards. So bright and fresh x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your box! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You have made my day! Susan