Saturday, July 11, 2020

Saturday Scraps with Susan (July 11, 2020)

I love sunflowers!  When we lived in Europe we took a road trip through France and saw kilometers of sunflower fields in full bloom.  We parked by the road and walked into the fields to have a picnic lunch of wonderful French wine, bread, cheeses, and fruit. I have such fond memories of that day, even after the bees attacked us and we had to run back to our car. 

Today, I wanted to make a simple quilt design using my sunflower scraps from  the Ornate Garden designer series paper and a coordinating Mint Macaron cardstock that I embossed with the Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder. I used the smallest square die (1.75") from the Stitched Shapes Die set to have a finished look to each square. The squares were large so I ended up making a large 5" square card. Each square was attached to a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut at 5.25" x 5.25". I finished the card by stamping the "Life is better with a friend like you" sentiment from the Peaceful Moments stamp set in Early Expresso ink. Then I attached the Whisper White cardstock to a card base made out of Bumble Bee cardstock cut at 5.5" x 11.0" scored at 5.5".

What do you think? Please leave any comments in the space below. 


Happy Stamping!
Susan

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this card, I will CASE it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your use of embossed squares in between patterned squares!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You have made my day! Susan