Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Poinsettia Petals Bundle

Here is another card I made with the Poinsettia Place designer series paper and the amazing Poinsettia Petals Bundle.  

I selected two different papers from the paper packet and using the Poinsettia Dies I cut out the two flowers and the  the berries. Then I selected a third paper for my background on the front flap and to be used as a border inside the card.  I used the Stitched Rectangle Dies to make a finished border around the background pieces. I used the "Happy Holidays" sentiment from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set.  I really like how this card turned out. The Stampin' Up! products are so great and they help you make the most beautiful cards!

To make this card,
  • Select a color cardstock for your base card, cut at 5.5" x 8.5", and score at 4.25". Then score the the front half of the card again at 2.125" to make the z-fold design. I selected Very Vanilla cardstock.
  •  Select a paper from the Poinsettia Place designer series pack and cut it at 5.5" x 4.25". I selected the green paper.
  • Use the largest Stitched Rectangle Die, cut out a border on the designer paper, and attach it to the inside of the card. 
  • Use the scrap that you just cut to make the background paper on the front flap of the card. Line up the cuts on the three sides using the next largest die from the Stitched Rectangle Die and cut the fourth side to get the stitched effect. You will also have an extra piece to use on another card.
  • Stamp a sentiment with a coordinating color on the inside of the card. I stamped "Happy Holiday" from the Poinsettia Petal stamp set using Real Red ink
  • Select two flowers from the designer series paper or stamp your own and cut out for the front of the card. I used two flowers from the Poinsettia Place designer series paper and I die cut one flower and fussy cut the second flower.
  • Attach the cut out flowers on to the front flap with Dimensionals allowing some of the images hang over the inside of the card which gives the image some depth.
  • Use the dies to cut out images (berries or leaves) from the Poinsettia Place designer series paper or stamp your own images. I cut out 4 berry arrangements from the designer series paper. 
  • Attach the images to highlight your card with adhesive.

I'll be showcasing this bundle and the coordinating designer series papers all week so you can have a number of different card designs to get started making your holiday cards. Please use my on-line store  and purchase products to make this card by clicking on the Shop Now link at the top of my blog. 

Remember the July promotion by Stampin' Up! where you get a $5 coupon when you purchase  $50 or more this month.  The coupons can be used in August with the release of the new Aug-Dec Mini Catalog.

Happy Stamping!
Susan

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You have made my day! Susan