Saturday, June 27, 2020

Saturday Scraps with Susan (June 27, 2020)

This week I showcased cards using the Ornate Garden Suite. Today, I'll show you how to make a beautiful card using scraps of the Ornate Garden designer series paper. The trick to making this card is to attach the designer series paper to a pinwheel base. A special shout out to Linda Anderson who taught me how to make the pinwheel base.
           

To Make This Card
  • Select a piece of cardstock cut to 5.5" x 8.5" inches and scored at 4.25" to create your card base. I used Terracotta Tile cardstock.
  • Cut a 4.0" x 5.25" piece of  cardstock to be your first layer. I used Daffodil Delight cardstock
  • Stamp sentiment from your stamp set using your choice of ink.  I used "Life is better with a friend like you" from the Peaceful Moments stamp set and stamped it in Terracotta Tile ink at the bottom of the cardstock. 
  • Attach the cardstock to your base card.   
  • Cut two 2.625" x 2.625” squares of cardstock and overlap the squares diagonally to create the base of your pinwheel. I used Terracotta Tile cardstock as the base of my pinwheel.
  • Cut four 1.25” squares from two different patterns of  designer series paper for a total of 8 squares. I actually used three different papers on my card - two different flower prints and one pattern as that was what I had in scraps. To make this card I used 4 pieces of the pattern paper and 2 each of the flower print paper.
  • Apply adhesive to only one corner of the 1.25” square of designer series paper. Place the corner with the adhesive on the outside corner of the pinwheel. You only want to glue the outside and keep the inside unglued so you can tuck in the final square. 
  • Apply adhesive to only one corner of the 2nd pattern of 1.25” square of designer series paper. Place this corner with the adhesive on the outside corner of the next space on the pinwheel. 
  • Continue alternating the patterns of designer series paper until only one square remains. 
  • Tuck the final square behind the first square of designer series paper to complete the pinwheel. 
  • Add an embellishment to the center of your pinwheel to cover up the gap in the overlap of designer series paper. I used a retired embellishment but you can use the Gold Glitter Enamel Dots or the Gilded Gems which are both found in the new catalog.
  • Adhere pinwheel to card front with dimensionals. 
Please shop on my online store by clicking on the Shop Now button at the top of my blog. Thank you for your business.

Please join me next week for another Saturday Scraps with Susan. 

If you are making cards with your scraps please post pictures of your cards in the comment section below!

Happy Stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You have made my day! Susan