Monday, April 12, 2021

Sunday Scraps - Sweet Strawberry

I've  made a number of cards this week using the Berry Blessing Designer Series paper and the Sweet Strawberry Bundle. The designer series paper reminds me of gathering berries with my grandmother. We would go into the fields and eat berries while filling our buckets. Then we'd clean the berries and make pies once we got home. Such happy memories! Today, I decided to create a card using numerous scraps of the Berry Blessing Designer Series paper.



To make this card:

  • Select the focal paper
    • I selected the paper with a variety of fruit as the key focus for the card. I really like this paper and it has so many colors I knew it would be easy to use my other scraps.
  • Identify the color combination: 
    • I identified the different colors in the focal paper. 
  • Select cardstock color for cardbase: 
    • I decided to use the Basic White cardstock for my cardbase. 
  • Identify complementary papers:
    • I looked at the scraps I collected and realized I had different patterned papers in the dominate colors in the focal paper.
  • Decide on paper sizes:
    • I cut all the different patterned scraps into 1.75" x 1.75" squares. Then I cut each square into 2 triangles by cutting the paper on a diagonal with my paper trimmer.
  • Arrange paper onto cardbase:
    • I played around with the arrangement of the triangles untill I was happy with the final image.
  • Attach background layer:
    • I glued the different trainagles onto a 4.0" x 5.25" piece of Basic White cardstock. I left blank space in the center of the cardstock to attach a piece of Real Red ribbon.
  • Attach focal layer:
    • I attached my focal paper to a 2.0" x 4.25" piece of Basic White cardstock and attached it to the card using dimensionals.
  • Select a sentiment:
    • I had limited space so I decided to use the "Just for You" sentiment from the Sweet Strawberry stamp set. I stamped it on a piece of Basic White cardstock with Real Red ink and die cut it with the Stitched Dies small circle die.
  • Attach the sentiment:
    • I attached the sentiment with dimensionals.
  • Add any embellishments:
    • I added three Real Red rhinestones.
You can modify my process and use whatever scraps you have to make a beautiful card to send to someone special. If you make any card with scraps, please post it in the comment section below. I'd love to see your creations!

Thank you for checking out my blog today. Please leave a comment below or email me at ses@aquarius.family with any questions.

Happy Stamping!

Susan

#searanchcreations #stampinup #sundayscraps #sweetstrawberrybundle #cardmakingideas #handmadecards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You have made my day! Susan